Monday 7 May 2012

Section 1

1. The characters are much more developed than I thought they would be. George and Lennie's personalities are stated very simply and their roles together. They are indeed migrant farmers and there is no sign of mice comparison, yet. 


2. George and Lennie hope to eat ketchup, pet mice, settle with women, lay low in a different farm, and stay together.


3. I think that they will get what they want in the end, part of it being because the book turned into a movie and it will most likely have a happy ending to charm viewers. 


4. I like how contrasting George and Lennie are yet they are still a pair. I dislike how slow George's brain is. The characters are great for a story and make me want to read more about them. The setting is very adventurous; in the middle of two farms. The plot is still being figured out, but the way it was delivered was good. The dialogue is surprisingly older sounding than what I thought the 30's would sound like. The imagery is constant, effective, and descriptive and is a key literary feature in this part.


Three questions:


Did George do worse than touch a girl's skirt that got him sent away?


Would Lennie eventually leave George?


How do they get about working in a new farm?



1 comment:

  1. A good post Jodie, and I like your questions, but I think you've gotten George and Lennie mixed up.

    ReplyDelete